Agri & Food Processing
- Large resource base: Karnataka has over 65% of its total geographical area under agriculture cultivation
- Leading Producer: Coffee, Gherkins, Silk, Green Chilli, Tamarind and Sunflower, Maize, Coarse Cereals, Sugarcane and Pulses
- Strong input base: Agriculture & allied activities contributed 14.2% to GSDP in 2016-17
- Diverse competencies: horticultural products and spices, floriculture, Cashew nut, Rose Onions, milk producing cooperative (KMF), marine production.
- Investor friendly & well defined sector specific policies.
- Knowledge Support
- Skilled Workforce
- Enabling Infrastructure
- Availability of Land- around 380 acres in Food Parks across the state
Proposed Food Parks
- Bellary – In-land fishier
- Karwar – Spices
- Chikmanglur, Hassan, Coorg – Coffee
- Nandi Valley, Hampi Valley – Wine
- Bidar - Soya